The Hauppauge Capture application
Record, trim, upload and stream your game play
- Record, edit and upload your Xbox, PlayStation, WiiU and PC game play in HD
- Simple and fast trim editor
- Upload your game recordings to YouTube
- Record and stream in-game chat and game commentary with our microphone mixing feature (HD PVR 2 only)
- Built-in StreamEez (HD PVR 2 only) for Twitch, YouTube and Ustream streaming. StreamEez has a slide bar for streaming bit rate.
- Now supports YouTube live video streaming (HD PVR 2 only). YouTube streaming requires Live Event enabled by YouTube.
- Built-in logo inserter (HD PVR 2 only)
- Simple to use video quality selector and scaling options
- Support for recording 5.1 channel audio over Optical and SPDIF on the HD PVR 2 GE Plus and the HD PVR 2 model 1512
Hauppauge Capture version 32069, with StreamEez audio fixes, improvements for Colossus and latest updates for Twitch streaming
Includes multi-track audio recording. Also fixes a problem streaming with Twitch which started Dec 12 due to a change to the Flash player used by Twitch
- Click the download button and Save Hauppauge Capture to your PC (do not select 'Run')
- Once Hauppauge Capture is downloaded, run the Hauppauge Capture installation
- After installation, you will be asked to reboot your PC. Please reboot.
- While rebooting your PC, if you have an HD PVR 2, remove the power plug from the back of the HD PVR 2 for a few seconds and then plug it back in. This resets the HD PVR 2.
- Once your PC is rebooted, you will see the Hauppauge Capture icon on your Windows desktop. Run it. No other setup is needed.
New features in this version:
- Added game audio volume adjustment for the HD PVR Rocket
- Now with multi-track audio recording. To turn on multi-track recording, click:
Advanced -> Audio encoder and then close and reopen Hauppauge Capture.
Each of your audio sources will now be on a separate track, and can be edited in Sony Vegas. To check out the multi-track audio, we suggest you open your recording in the VLC media player and click on Audio -> Audio track and you can listen to track 1 (game), track 2 (microphone) or track 3 (PC audio).
- Improved MP4 export function in the Edit tab
- Reduced PC requirements for recording and playback
- Bugs fixed in this version:
- Fixes Twitch streaming problems
- Improvements in the audio mixer in Capture and StreamEez to fix 'squeeky audio' problems
- Fixed 10 second delay switching to StreamEez Tab and starting streaming / stopping streaming
- PC Audio slider has finer control, was previously very loud
- Fixes an issue launching the app if there were certain spanish characters (potentially other languages) in the config.xml, which could lead to the app not starting and the capture.log being empty.
- Lots of small clean ups for Colossus: fixed an issue recording at high constant bitrates on Colossus and fixed an issue exporting to MP4 from SD resolution Colossus captures
- Hides mic selection on Colossus/HDPVR instead of being grey'd out, to avoid confusion
- Adds Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional and Japanese language support
Hauppauge Capture supports all models of the HD PVR Rocket and the HD PVR 2, including the HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition, the HD PVR 2 GE Plus and the HD PVR 2 model 1512. There is also limited support for the original HD PVR and Colossus. Hauppauge Capture is free for Rocket, HD PVR 2, Colossus and the original HD PVR users. You just need to download it. Also, you can have Showbiz, WinTV v7 and Hauppauge Capture installed at the same time on your PC, but you can only record from one program at a time.
If you have any comments on the Hauppauge Capture application, please e-mail them to: TheFrontDesk@hauppauge.com
We'd appreciate hearing what you think!