Record, trim, upload and stream your game play
Hauppauge Capture Features
- Record, edit and upload your Xbox, PlayStation, WiiU and PC game play in HD
- New feature: record your videos with Facecam (HD PVR 2 and HD PVR Rocket)
- Game commentary recording and streaming, with multi-track audio (HD PVR 2 only)
- Simple and fast trim editor
- Upload your game recordings to YouTube
- Built-in StreamEez (HD PVR 2 and HD PVR Rocket) for Twitch, YouTube and Ustream streaming. YouTube streaming requires Live Event enabled by YouTube.
- Built-in logo inserter (HD PVR 2 only)
- Simple to use video quality selector and scaling options
- Support for recording 5.1 channel audio over Optical and SPDIF on the HD PVR 2 GE Plus and the HD PVR 2 model 1512
Hauppauge Capture with Facecam Recording
Date: November 17, 2014
Adds Facecam to recordings. To turn on the Facecam, go to the Settings tab and select your webcam in the Webcam drop down menu. On slower PCs (slower than an Intel i5), the 'Low resource mode' is turned on.
- Click the download button and Save Hauppauge Capture to your PC (do not select 'Run')
- Once Hauppauge Capture is downloaded, run the Hauppauge Capture installation
- After installation, you will be asked to reboot your PC. Please reboot.
- While rebooting your PC, if you have an HD PVR 2, remove the power plug from the back of the HD PVR 2 for a few seconds and then plug it back in. This resets the HD PVR 2.
- Once your PC is rebooted, you will see the Hauppauge Capture icon on your Windows desktop. Run it. No other setup is needed.
New features in this version:
- Option to enable/disable 5.1 audio via HDMI is back
- Adds .M2TS recording option/editing
- Fixes an issue where the mute state could get swapped after closing the application
- Supports USB Mic's on HD PVR Rocket for recording (but not yet for streaming)
- Added Microphone delay page to Advanced Settings for Rocket
- Fixed problem where selected USB mic was being forgotten on Rocket
- Facecam for your recordings. The Facecam settings are in the Settings tab: choose your webcam in the pulldown menu and Facecam will automatically be added to your recordings. You can also adjust the position and size of the Facecam
- StreamEez support for the Rocket: stream with Twitch and YouTube
- Record hotkey: Alt and the space bar starts and stops recording
- Multi-track audio recording updates
- Improved Export to MP4 function
- Added game audio volume adjustment for the HD PVR Rocket
- Now with multi-track audio recording. To turn on multi-track recording, click:
Advanced -> Audio encoder and select Use Multiple Audio tracks. Click OK and then close and reopen Hauppauge Capture.
Each of your audio sources will now be on a separate track, and can be edited in Sony Vegas. To check out the multi-track audio, we suggest you open your recording in the VLC media player and click on Audio -> Audio track and you can listen to track 1 (game), track 2 (microphone) or track 3 (PC audio).
- Improved MP4 export function in the Edit tab
- Reduced PC requirements for recording and playback
Hauppauge Capture Beta Versions
Hauppauge Capture version 32349
- Fixed upload to YouTube and YouTube live steaming log-in problems
- Improved microphone delay slider, now supports +- 500 ms
- Fixed reported problems with crash when closing application
- Fixed reported problems with USB microphones and the Rocket where no video was seen
Comments, questions on this beta version? Please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hauppauge Capture Compatibility
Hauppauge Capture supports the following models:
- HD PVR 2 (all models)
- HD PVR Rocket (all models)
- HD PVR model 1212 and other original HD PVR models
- Colossus (all models)
Note: you can have Showbiz, WinTV v7 and Hauppauge Capture installed at the same time on your PC, but you can only record from one program at a time.
Hauppauge Capture image gallery
If you have any comments on the Hauppauge Capture application, please e-mail them to: TheFrontDesk@hauppauge.com
We'd appreciate hearing what you think!