The Hauppauge Capture application
Record, trim, upload and stream your game play
- Record, edit and upload your Xbox, PlayStation, WiiU and PC game play in HD
- Simple and fast trim editor
- Upload your game recordings to YouTube
- Record and stream in-game chat and game commentary with our microphone mixing feature (HD PVR 2 only)
- Built-in StreamEez (HD PVR 2 only) for Twitch, YouTube and Ustream streaming. StreamEez has a slide bar for streaming bit rate.
- Now supports YouTube live video streaming (HD PVR 2 only). YouTube streaming requires Live Event enabled by YouTube.
- Built-in logo inserter (HD PVR 2 only)
- Simple to use video quality selector and scaling options
- Support for recording 5.1 channel audio over Optical and SPDIF on the HD PVR 2 GE Plus and the HD PVR 2 model 1512
Hauppauge Capture version 32168, with Rocket streaming, record hotkey, Multi-track audio recording and improved Export to MP4 function
Includes StreamEez for the HD PVR Rocket
- Click the download button and Save Hauppauge Capture to your PC (do not select 'Run')
- Once Hauppauge Capture is downloaded, run the Hauppauge Capture installation
- After installation, you will be asked to reboot your PC. Please reboot.
- While rebooting your PC, if you have an HD PVR 2, remove the power plug from the back of the HD PVR 2 for a few seconds and then plug it back in. This resets the HD PVR 2.
- Once your PC is rebooted, you will see the Hauppauge Capture icon on your Windows desktop. Run it. No other setup is needed.
New features in this version:
- StreamEez support for the Rocket: stream with Twitch and YouTube with the HD PVR Rocket
- Record hotkey: Alt and the space bar starts and stops recording
- Multi-track audio recording updates
- Improved Export to MP4 function
- Added game audio volume adjustment for the HD PVR Rocket
- Now with multi-track audio recording. To turn on multi-track recording, click:
Advanced -> Audio encoder and select Use Multiple Audio tracks. Click OK and then close and reopen Hauppauge Capture.
Each of your audio sources will now be on a separate track, and can be edited in Sony Vegas. To check out the multi-track audio, we suggest you open your recording in the VLC media player and click on Audio -> Audio track and you can listen to track 1 (game), track 2 (microphone) or track 3 (PC audio).
- Improved MP4 export function in the Edit tab
- Reduced PC requirements for recording and playback
- Bugs fixed in this version:
- Fixes issue with "No Preview" option not being used
- Fixes issue when moving monitors/changing resolution while recording, we previously had logic to handle this and start writing to a new file each time this happens (rather than lose the recording)
- HD PVR 1 biterate selection now working
- Double clicking to go full screen on secondary monitor now working (only worked on primary previously)
Hauppauge Capture Beta Versions
Hauppauge Capture with Facecam Recording - version 32230
Adds Facecam to recordings. To turn on the Facecam, go to the Settings tab and select your webcam in the Webcam drop down menu. On slower PCs (slower than an Intel i5), the 'Low resource mode' is turned on.
Beta version: Hauppauge Capture version 32197
Fixes a bug preventing the installation of Hauppauge Capture when you have a Hauppauge TV tuner installed in your PC
Hauppauge Capture Compatibility
Hauppauge Capture supports all models of the HD PVR Rocket and the HD PVR 2, including the HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition, the HD PVR 2 GE Plus and the HD PVR 2 model 1512. There is also limited support for the original HD PVR and Colossus. Hauppauge Capture is free for Rocket, HD PVR 2, Colossus and the original HD PVR users. You just need to download it. Also, you can have Showbiz, WinTV v7 and Hauppauge Capture installed at the same time on your PC, but you can only record from one program at a time.
If you have any comments on the Hauppauge Capture application, please e-mail them to: TheFrontDesk@hauppauge.com
We'd appreciate hearing what you think!