WinTV-DCR-3250 - a three tuner network CableCard receiver!
Three cable TV tuners. Anywhere on your network!
Nothing plugs into your PC: the WinTV-DCR-3250 sends TV over your home network. Plug the WinTV-DCR-3250 into your home router and then up to three TV programs will be streamed to your Windows Media Center PC
Watch and record premium digital cable TV on your Media Center PC
Watch TV from any Windows Media Center computer on your home network
Record the full resolution of the original broadcast
Use Windows 7 or 8 Media Center to schedule and record premium cable TV programs. Record one episode or an entire season of your favorite TV programs!
WinTV-DCR-3250 CableCard receiver
- TV sources: US digital cable TV only (Note: will not work with Canadian cable TV)
- M-Card CableCARD interface
- USB port for connection to Tuning Adapter (for cable TV providers utilizing Switched Digital Video)
- Supports 100BaseT or Gigabit Ethernet networks
Compatible with these TV watch and record applications
- Windows Media Center on Windows 7 or Windows 8 - all channels
- Hauppauge's WinTV v7 application - copy freely channels only
- MythTV 0.25 or later – DVR for Linux/Mac – copy freely channels only
- NextPVR – DVR for Windows – copy freely channels only
- Dual (or more) core processor. Intel Atom and AMD Fusion C/E/G/Z series are not recommended due to limited processing power.
- Windows 8 with Windows Media Center upgrade, or Windows 7 Home Premium, Ultimate, Professional, or Enterprise, or one of the compatible TV applications listed above
- 4-8GB disk space per hour of HD recording, 1-2GB per hour of SD recording
- Subscription to digital cable service and a CableCARD (M-Card) from your cable provider
- 100 or 1000Mbit Ethernet network
- Video card with support for hardware decoding and HDCP (NVIDIA 9500 or newer, ATI HD3000 or newer, or Intel HD Graphics). ATI GPUs prior to the HD5000 series and Intel Sandy Bridge GPUs may have problems decoding some content including premium channels like HBO.
- Display device that supports HDCP
- DVI or HDMI connection between the video card and display (Note: VGA/component connections can also be used between the video card and display, but WMC may limit the resolution)
The Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-3250 is not not compatible with antennas, satellite TV (DirecTV/Dish Network), or IPTV services such as AT&T U-Verse.
WinTV-DCR-3250 Network CableCard receiver with three tuners
Included with WinTV-DCR-3250 model 1467
- WinTV-DCR-3250 cablecard receiver
- Power supply
- 1 meter Ethernet cable
- Quick Installation Guide
Third Party applications for WinTV-DCR-3250
For the PC:
Windows Media Center in Windows 7 and Windows 8
WinTV v7 (free-to-copy channels and TV programs only). Click here for the latest version.
NextPVR supports free-to-copy channels and TV programs only. Click here for the latest version.
MythTV now supports WinTV-DCR-3250 (free-to-copy channels and TV programs only). MythTV version 1.2