Support: USB-Live2 and WinTV-USB2-FM
Latest USB-Live2 applications
Note: If you have run HCWCLEAR, you must reboot your PC and leave the WinTV-USB Live 2 installed. After a reboot you will see the Found New Hardware Wizard installation message, hit Cancel. then continue below.
WinTV v7 application and TV tuner driver download package
File name: wintv7_cd_3.9g.exe
File size: 151.4 MB
This download is a complete installation package, including drivers for supported WinTV products plus the WinTV v7 application and utilities.
A valid WinTV application CD-ROM will be needed to install this WinTV v7 version. Any WinTV v6 or WinTV 7 application CD can be used during the install. If you do not have your original WinTV CD-ROM but would like to update to WinTV v7, you can purchase a new CD on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95
If you have a WinTV v7.2 CD-ROM with Extend, then the latest version of WinTV Extend will also be installed.
To install the WinTV v7 application update
- Download the WinTV v7 installation package to your PC. After downloading this file, the file is normally saved in the Download directory on your PC
- Insert your original valid WinTV CD in your CD-ROM drive
- Run wintv7_cd_3.9 from the Download directory on your PC
This will complete the driver and application installation for your WinTV.
To install WinTV v7 on a PC or laptop without a CD-ROM drive
If your PC or laptop does not have a CD-ROM drive, do the following:
- at the conclusion of the installation a dialog box will pop up saying "Activation required"
- Click Enter Product Code
- You will find the Product code on your WinTV v7 Installation CD
- Enter the Product code including dashes and dots
Release notes for WinTV v7 version 3.9G:
- Update to the WinTV-HVR-955Q driver to fix problems seen when switching channels quickly
- Fixed an error "You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications..."
- Increased Pause Buffer bar size
- Fixed TitanTV tvpi file association bug
- New NOVA-HD-USB 2 driver to fix issues in Turkey and other countries with low symbol rates
- New HVR-1975 driver to fix issues with 6875 Symbol rate
- Fixed no Extend tab showing on upgrade installation
To install the latest driver:
Leave your WinTV-HVR plugged into your PC. Follow the following steps:
- Download the WinTV-HVR driver update
- Unzip this file to a directory you will remember, such as WINTV. It will create a new folder. To install, open the folder.
- Run HCWDRIVERINSTALL.EXE.
- This will install the WinTV-HVR base driver. At the completion of the driver install you should see a message which says Drivers have been updated successfully.
None at this time.
None at this time.
Third Party Applications
Stream your live video, video + screen, or screen-only along with your audio to viewers via the public Internet.
Yes. Please see the following pictures to set the input source on the USB-Live2. Also, the audio needs to be routed from your microphone or other audio source to the "Line in" jack on your PC.
Currently, while you can bring video from USB-Live-2 into the Media Live Encoder, audio from USB-Live-2 is not supported.
This is the Adobe Flash Live Media Encoder main menu
Click the "wrench" icon next to the Hauppauge device.Then click the tab marked "Crossbar" and click "Input". You will see a list of video input sources which USB-Live-2 has. Set the input source to the one you want to use.
Prodinfo: get information on your Hauppauge TV tuner
Prodinfo.exe is a program you can run which will extract information about the WinTV product you have installed such as model and serial number, MAC address, revision, and features which can be used to identify the exact model of your product. The driver for the device must be installed in order to run Prodinfo.exe
HCWClear: remove the Hauppauge driver and applications from your PC
HCWCLEAR.exe is a program you run to remove all driver and files that were installed with the installation of the Wintv program.