Support: USB-Live2 and WinTV-USB2-FM
Latest USB-Live2 applications
Note: If you have run HCWCLEAR, you must reboot your PC and leave the WinTV-USB Live 2 installed. After a reboot you will see the Found New Hardware Wizard installation message, hit Cancel. then continue below.
Hauppauge Capture SD version 33216
- Click the download button and save Hauppauge Capture to your PC (do not select 'Run')
- Once Hauppauge Capture is downloaded, run the Hauppauge Capture installation
- After installation, you will be asked to reboot your PC. Please reboot.
- Once your PC is rebooted, you will see the Hauppauge Capture icon on your Windows desktop. Run it. No other setup is needed.
Comments, questions on this version? Please e-mail us at: email@example.com
WinTV v8 for video monitor and capture
WinTV v8 installer
WinTV v8 installer version 34284 For Windows 8, 7, and Windows 10
File name: wintv8setup_34284.exe
File size: 153.5 MB
This download is a complete installation package, including drivers for supported WinTV products plus the WinTV v7 application and utilities.
To install the WinTV v8 application
- Download the WinTV v8 installer to your PC. After downloading this file, it's normally saved in the Download directory on your PC
- Insert your original valid WinTV v8 or WinTV v7 CD in your CD-ROM drive or have available your WinTV serial key
- Run wintv8setup from the Download directory on your PC
- At Activation required, click Check WinTV v7 CD if you have a WinTV v8 or v7 CD or Enter Serial Number if you have a WinTV serial key
This will complete the driver and application installation for your WinTV.
To install WinTV v8 on a PC or laptop without a CD-ROM drive
If your PC or laptop does not have a CD-ROM drive, do the following:
- At the conclusion of the installation a dialog box will pop up saying "Activation required"
- Click Enter Product Code
- You will find the Product code on your WinTV v7 Installation CD
- Enter the Product code including dashes and dots
To find your Product Code
Look at the following guide for finding your product code
- Minimum window size is now smaller.
- ATSC recordings in North America now show Now/Next program information.
- Now showing the recording details and allowing editing of start/finish time, when scheduling from the TV Guide.
- Added a text search field on the Favorites screen.
- Now works with the PCTV 292e for DVB-T2/T/C television
- Now for the WinTV-dualHD and WinTV-soloHD
- Fixed bug with "open scheduler only" window not scheduling correctly.
A valid WinTV v8 or WinTV v7 application CD-ROM or a WinTV v8 installation code will be needed to install this WinTV v8 version. If you do not have your original WinTV CD-ROM but would like to update to WinTV v8, you can purchase a new WinTV v8 CD on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95. This can then be used to activate WinTV v8.
If you have a WinTV v8 or WinTV v7.2 CD-ROM with Extend, the latest version of WinTV v8 with Extend will also be installed.
To install the latest driver:
Leave your WinTV-HVR plugged into your PC. Follow the following steps:
- Download the WinTV-HVR driver update
- Unzip this file to a directory you will remember, such as WINTV. It will create a new folder. To install, open the folder.
- Run HCWDRIVERINSTALL.EXE.
- This will install the WinTV-HVR base driver. At the completion of the driver install you should see a message which says Drivers have been updated successfully.
None at this time.
None at this time.
Third Party Applications
Stream your live video, video + screen, or screen-only along with your audio to viewers via the public Internet.
Yes. Please see the following pictures to set the input source on the USB-Live2. Also, the audio needs to be routed from your microphone or other audio source to the "Line in" jack on your PC.
Currently, while you can bring video from USB-Live-2 into the Media Live Encoder, audio from USB-Live-2 is not supported.
This is the Adobe Flash Live Media Encoder main menu
Click the "wrench" icon next to the Hauppauge device.Then click the tab marked "Crossbar" and click "Input". You will see a list of video input sources which USB-Live-2 has. Set the input source to the one you want to use.
Prodinfo: get information on your Hauppauge TV tuner
Prodinfo.exe is a program you can run which will extract information about the WinTV product you have installed such as model and serial number, MAC address, revision, and features which can be used to identify the exact model of your product. The driver for the device must be installed in order to run Prodinfo.exe
HCWClear: remove the Hauppauge driver and applications from your PC
HCWCLEAR.exe is a program you run to remove all driver and files that were installed with the installation of the WinTV program.