Antenna selector for over-the-air HD TV in North America
There are two good sources for finding which over-the-air TV channels are available in your area, and help you decide which type of antenna you need to get the best TV reception.
WinTV v8.5 TV application for Windows 10, 8 and Windows 7
Note: the WinTV v8 Activation Code can be found inside the XboxOne TV Tuner package.
WinTV v8.5 application and TV tuner driver download package
This download is a complete WinTV v8.5 installation package, including drivers for supported WinTV products plus utilities.
A WinTV v8 Activation Code will be needed to install this WinTV v8.5 version.
If you do not have an Activation Code , but you have a WinTV v7 CD, you can install the WinTV v8 application.
If you do not have either an Activation Code or your original WinTV v7 CD-ROM, you can purchase a new WinTV v8 Activation Code and CD-ROM on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95. This can then be used to activate WinTV v8.5.
If you have a WinTV v8 Activation Code for Extend, the latest version of WinTV v8.5 with Extend will also be installed.
WinTV v8.5 installer
For Windows 10, 8, and 7
File name: wintv85setup_35248.exe | File size: 108 MB | Date: Sept 05, 2017 Release notes
To install the WinTV v8.5 application
Note: You will need to have your WinTV v8 Activation Code to complete this installation. If you do not have a WinTV v8 Activation Code, you can either buy one on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95, or if you have a WinTV v7 CD, you can download and install the latest version of WinTV v8.
- Download the WinTV v8.5 installer. After downloading this file, it's normally saved in the Download directory on your PC
- Run wintv85setup from the Download directory on your PC
- At Activation required, Enter the Activation Code which is printed on your WinTV v8 CD or on the WinTV v8 activation card.
To install the latest driver:
Leave your WinTV-HVR plugged into your PC. Follow the following steps:
- Download the WinTV-HVR driver update
- Unzip this file to a directory you will remember, such as WINTV. It will create a new folder. To install, open the folder.
- Run HCWDRIVERINSTALL.EXE.
- This will install the WinTV-HVR base driver. At the completion of the driver install you should see a message which says Drivers have been updated successfully.