USB-Live2: USB video capture, display and DVD burning for your Windows PC
Watch, capture or record live video from your VCR, camcorder or industrial video camera! USB-Live2 connects to any S-Video or composite video source and brings the video into your PC over USB.
Use USB-Live2 to convert your home video tapes into DVDs! USB-Live2 connects to any S-Video or composite video source and brings the video into your PC over USB. Plug the USB-Live2 into the USB port on your PC, plug the S-Video or composite video cables into your medical, industrial camera, VCR or analog video camera and you're ready to record analog video into your PC. USB-Live2 creates MPEG-2 video files, which can be burnt onto DVD or CD discs.
Xsplit and the Adobe Media Encoder can receive video from USB-Live2 for live streaming or over the Internet.
Add video clips to your web site: Creative webmasters can incorporate still frame highlights or motion video clips on their web sites!
Use USB-Live2 for desktop publishing: With our WinTV SnapShot function, you can quickly save JPEG images from your video camera.
USB-Live2 is the easiest way to record your old VHS video tapes
USB-Live2 is an external device which connects your VCR, camcorder or video camera to your PC or laptop. Plug the USB-Live2 into the USB port on your PC, plug the S-Video or composite video cables into your VCR or camcorder and you're ready to record your old video tapes to your PC.
USB-Live2 digitizes video using high quality 4:2:2 video sampling at up to 720p for the best analog video quality.
For Linux too
Hauppauge provides a PPA for Ubuntu to make the driver installation easier. Note: only a Linux driver is provided. We do not provide a Linux application with USB-Live2. See www.hauppauge.com/linux
USB-Live 2 Features
Record video from analog video sources
USB-Live2 has analog video recording plus live video preview Use USB-Live2 to record your home video tapes, and to archive them on a DVD disk (disk burning software is not included).
USB-Live2 can be used in medical and industrial applications: connect to cameras and other instruments to record still or motion videos.
USB-Live2 has both Windows and Linux drivers. We also can provide a Windows API so you can develop your own video capture or video monitoring application.
Removable A/V cables makes it easy to connect
Leave the USB-Live 2 cables connected to your A/V source while moving the USB-Live2 to a different computer. The A/V cable set attaches to USB-Live2 with a secure latching connector.
USB-Live2 supports video up to 720p (NTSC sources) with S-Video, composite video and stereo audio.
Additional removable A/V cables are available from the Hauppauge webstore.
WinTV v8 and Hauppauge Capture are included
- Hauppauge Capture is the all-in-one recording, trimming and uploading app. Hauppauge Capture gives you timed recording, YouTube upload and stream (YouTube Live streaming and Twitch).
- Includes Hauppauge's WinTV v8 application with built-in scheduled video recording, so you can record videos and upload to YouTube. USB-Live2 attaches to Windows based laptop and desktop PCs for recording and streaming
- Hauppauge Capture and WinTV v8 are compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and Windows 7 (all versions).
USB-Live2 has a complete set of great features
Support for Windows and Linux
Full 720x480 live video and recording (NTSC)
Indicator LEDs showing that USB-Live2 is powered on and a video signal is present
Snap and print stills from whatever you're watching (BMP and JPEG supported)
Record video clips from your camcorder or VCR to create your own high-impact presentations
WinTV v8 and Hauppauge Capture are included
Model 00610: USB-Live2 with WinTV v8 and Hauppauge Capture application.
The WinTV v8 application is for recording video and for capturing still images. Compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7 and Windows Vista and Windows XP (service pack 2).
- Video digitizer: 720x480 for NTSC, 720x576 for PAL video sources
- Video source: S-Video or composite video
- Audio input: left and right stereo audio
- 50cm USB cable
- Video capture format using WinTV v7: MPEG-2
- Image capture format using WinTV v7: JPEG, BMP
- PC with 2.8 GHz single-core or multi-core 1.8GHz.
- Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8, 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP (service pack 2)
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection for software download and activation
Third Party applications
Stream your live video, video + screen, or screen-only along with your audio to viewers via the public Internet.