WinTV v8 application for the WinTV-quadHD
With support for four tuner picture-in-picture
WinTV v8.5 application and Windows driver package
WinTV v8.5 is the latest version of the WinTV v8 application for Windows. This download is a complete WinTV v8.5 application, including Windows drivers for supported WinTV products plus utilities.
Installation notes for WinTV v8.5:
You must use WinTV v8 (not WinTV v8.5) if you have one of the following products: a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-850, WinTV-HVR-950, the original Colossus or HD PVR model 1212. WinTV v8.5 does not support these products.
A WinTV v8.5 Activation Code will be needed to install this WinTV v8.5 version.
If you do not have an Activation Code, but you have a WinTV v7 CD, you can install the WinTV v8 application.
If you do not have either an Activation Code, you can purchase a new WinTV v8.5 Activation Code on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95 or $11.95. This can then be used to activate WinTV v8.5 (or WinTV v8 if you have one of the older products).
If you have an Activation Code for WinTV Extend, the latest version of WinTV v8.5 with Extend will be installed.
WinTV v8.5 installer
For Windows 10, 8, and 7
To install the WinTV v8.5 application
- Step 1: Download the WinTV v8.5 installer by clicking the download button above. The WinTV v8.5 Installer is normally saved in the Download folder on your PC
- Step 2: Run wintv85setup from the Download folder on your PC. Halfway through the installation, a message will pop up asking for you to enter the Activation Code.
- Step 3: At the Activation required screen, click on Enter Activation code and enter the activation code which was emailed to you, is printed on the WinTV v8 activation card or printed on your WinTV v8 CD. You do not need to enter the dashes, and you can use upper or lower case characters.
- Step 4: When the installation is complete, you will find the WinTV icon on your Windows desktop. Double click on this icon and the WinTV application will run. On the first run of WinTV, it will automatically go through the TV source selection and will scan for channels.
WinTV v8 Beta
None at this time
Size: 12.8 MB
To install the latest Windows driver only:
Leave your WinTV-HVR plugged into your PC. Follow the following steps:
- Download the Windows driver above.
- Double click the downloaded driver. This will install the Windows driver.
- At the completion of the driver install, you should see a message which says Drivers have been updated successfully.
At this point, the Windows driver will be installed.