A single tuner ATSC, QAM, NTSC receiver for your PC
Watch, pause and record HDTV or analog TV on your desktop PC.
Plugs into any PCI Express slot, full height or half height.
Includes remote control.
- TV Standards:
- NTSC Analog Cable, Over the Air TV
- ATSC Digital HD TV Over the Air
- Clear QAM Digital Cable TV*
- Analog A/V for composite video and audio
- Plugs into:
- PCI Express X1 or X16 slot
- Receive ATSC digital TV or Clear QAM digital cable TV, up to 1080i format
- Receive NTSC analog cable TV with the built-in 125 channel cable-ready TV tuner
- Includes WinTV v8: watch, pause and record TV on your PC, in window or full screen. Record digital TV in the original HD quality.
- Schedule TV recordings with WinTV v7's built-n TV scheduler software
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7 and Windows XP.
* Clear QAM digital cable TV is not available with all cable TV operators in the U.S. Please check with your local cable TV operator for the availability of clear QAM.
Watch live TV on your PC
- Single, multi-format TV tuner for half height or full height PCs
- Watch, pause and record analog and HDTV channels on your PC, at up to 1080i resolution.
- Watch Analog TV and Clear QAM Digital TV by connecting to Cable TV.
- Watch free over-the-air ATSC HDTV by connecting to a TV antenna.
- Watch TV full screen or in a window.
- Remote control included.
Record your favorite TV programs
- Record analog or digital TV shows to your computer’s hard drive with one click.
- Use WinTV-Scheduler as a personal video recorder to record your TV shows automatically.
Supports the following TV formats:
NTSC Analog TV, ATSC Digital TV and Clear QAM Digital Cable TV
- Combination analog\digital TV tuner on board: a 125 channel cable-ready TV tuner plus HDTV tuner for clear QAM and ATSC TV reception.
- Compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista ,Windows XP, and Windows Media Center.
NTSC is the analog cable TV standard.
ATSC is the over-the-air digital HDTV standard for North America and typically requires an antenna for reception.
Clear QAM digital cable allows users to watch unencrypted HDTV stations from their cable TV provider without a set-top box.
Analog TV recordings typically consume 1.5GB of disk space per hour using Hauppauge’s SoftPVR for Windows XP and Media Center. High Definition TV recordings typically consume 5GB of disk space per hour.
- For analog cable TV reception, you need an analog cable TV connection. If you have a digital cable set-top box or a satellite box, the WinTV-HVR-1265 can connect via either channel 3, Composite or S-Video inputs.
- For ATSC over-the-air digital TV reception, a high-gain antenna is recommended. To check the ATSC TV broadcasts in your area, go to TitanTV.com or Antennaweb.org and enter your postal code.
Note: depending on the strength of your antenna, you might not be able to receive all broadcasts listed at TitanTV.
- Clear QAM digital cable TV is not available with all cable TV operators in the U.S. Please check with your local cable TV operator for the availability of clear QAM.
- To use the WinTV-HVR-1265 for TV with the Windows Media Center application, a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder should be standard in your Media Center PC. If you are building a Media Center PC, check Microsoft’s website for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included with Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate, and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only.
Note: the enclosed remote control is not MCE certified and does not replace the Media Center remote control.
- To watch clear QAM channels, you should use either the Hauppauge WinTV v6 or v7 application or Windows Media Center from Windows 7 or 8.
- ATSC TV recordings are not 100% compatible with DVD, and therefore you cannot burn them directly to a DVD.
- The WinTV-HVR-1265 is AQ certified for use with the Windows 7 Media Center application.
model 01196: WinTV-HVR-1265 with NTSC/ATSC/QAM support, Hauppauge remote control and English manual
Included in the WinTV-HVR-1265 model 01196
- WinTV-HVR-1265 PCI Express bus TV tuner
- Hauppauge remote control Including batteries
- Remote Control Receiver Cable
- WinTV v8 application CD-ROM
- Quick Installation Guide
- Full height and half height brackets included for use in full height and low profile chassis
Note: the WinTV-HVR-1265 models 1201 and 1187 have been discontinued and have been replaced with model 1196.
WinTV-HVR-1265 System Requirements
- Processor Requirements (minimum):
- 2.2 GHz Intel P4 or equivalent
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8, Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit), Vista or Windows XP with Service Pack 2.
Also for Windows Media Center
- PCI Express X1 or X16 slot
- Graphics with 64MB memory (or greater)
- Sound card
- The Media Center products from Hauppauge do not include an MPEG video decoder. If you have a Media Center PC using Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP Media Center Edition, it has come with a Microsoft certified MPEG decoder pre-installed. If you are building a Windows Media Center PC, please check with Microsoft for a list of certified MPEG decoders. YOU WILL NEED A MICROSOFT CERTIFIED MEDIA CENTER DECODER TO WATCH TV!
- Windows Media Center from Windows 7 or Windows 8 required for QAM reception. Clear QAM is not available in all areas. Please contact your local cable TV operator for the availability of clear QAMcable TV.