WinTV v10 Application Download
Installation notes for WinTV v10:
If you do not have a WinTV v10 Activation Code, you can purchase a new WinTV v10 Activation Code on the Hauppauge webstore.
If you have purchased an Activation Code for WinTV v10 with Extend from the Hauppauge Webstore, the latest version of WinTV v10 with Extend will be installed.
Installation on multiple computers: the WinTV application can be installed on as many PCs as needed as long as you use the same Hauppauge device. We link the serial number of your TV tuner (sometimes it's the MAC address) with the Activation code. So as long as you use the same Hauppauge device, you can install the WinTV application on more than one computer.
This download is a complete WinTV v10 application, including Windows drivers for supported WinTV products plus utilities.
Record to network drive (NAS drive). When you enable this option, WinTV v10 will automatically move your recordings to a network drive after the recordings are complete, freeing up disk space on your PC.
WinTV v10 installation instructions
The WinTV v10 installer will install Windows drivers before installing the WinTV v10 application. It will also remove any pieces of a previous WinTV version before installing the new version.
- Step 1: Download the WinTV v10 installer by clicking the download button above. The WinTV v10 installer is normally saved in the Download folder on your PC
- Step 2: Run wintv10setup from the Download folder on your PC. If you see the message "Windows Protected Your PC, Windows Smartscreen prevented an unrecognized app ...", click 'More info' and 'Run anyway'. Windows Smartscreen is a new 'feature' in Windows 10 to prevent new updates from being installed automatically.
- Step 3: Halfway through the installation, a message will pop up asking for you to enter the Activation Code.
- Step 4: At the Activation required screen, click on Enter Activation code and enter the activation code which was emailed to you or is printed on the WinTV v10 activation card. You do not need to enter the dashes, and you can use upper or lower case characters.
- Step 5: When the installation is complete, you will find the WinTV icon on your Windows desktop. Double click on this icon and the WinTV application will run. On the first run of WinTV, it will automatically go through the TV source selection and will scan for channels.
WinTV v10 Compatibility
Windows 11 Compatibility
WinTV v10 runs with Windows 11, but with some older Hauppauge products, you need to turn off the 'memory integrity' option on Windows 11. These products include: Colossus (the original Colossus board), WinTV-HVR-850, WinTV-HVR-950Q and the WinTV-HVR-1600/1850.
For more information, see the Microsoft website.
WinTV-HVR hybrid analog/digital TV series
WinTV-HVR-955Q, Xbox One TV tuner, WinTV-HVR-950Q, WinTV-HVR-950, WinTV-HVR-850
WinTV-HVR-935C, WinTV-HVR-930, WinTV-HVR-930C
WinTV-HVR-2255, WinTV-HVR-2250, WinTV-HVR-2200, WinTV-HVR-2205
WinTV-HVR-1265, WinTV-HVR-1260, WinTV-HVR-1250
WinTV-HVR-1975, WinTV-HVR-1950, WinTV-HVR-1900
WinTV-HVR-55xx, WinTV-HVR-44xx, WinTV-HVR-33xx
WinTV-HVR-1150, WinTV-HVR-1110, WinTV-HVR-1100
WinTV digital TV receivers
WinTV-dualHD, WinTV-quadHD, WinTV-soloHD
Starburst 2, Starburst
WinTV-NOVA-T stick (DVB-T)
HD PVR series of high definition video recorders
HD PVR 2 (all models), Colossus 2, StreamEez-Pro, HD PVR model 1212, Colossus
Analog video products
Digital cable receivers
Satellite TV receivers
WinTV-NOVA-S, WinTV-NOVA-S2, WinTV-NOVA
TV tuners with limited support
WinTV PVR-250: up to Windows 7, 32-bit only
WinTV PVR-350: up to Windows 7, 32-bit only
WinTV PVR-USB2 (29xxx model): up to Windows 7, 32-bit only
WinTV PVR-150: up to Windows 7, 32/64-bit, less than 4GB RAM
WinTV PVR-500: up to Windows 7, 32/64-bit, less than 4GB RAM
WinTV PVR-PVR-USB2 (24xxx model): up to Windows 7, 32/64-bit, less than 4GB RAM
- PCTV 340e/801e
- PCTV 73e
- PCTV HD TV Tuner Card (800i)
- PCTV 290e
- PCTV 77e
- PCTV 79e
- PCTV 78e
- PCTV 291e
- PCTV 292e
- PCTV 461e
- PCTV Pico Stick 74e
If you do not see your Hauppauge product listed, please email us at: email@example.com and we will check compatibility.
WinTV v10 Manuals
WinTV v10 Frequently Asked Questions
How do I rescan channels?
Click on the setting button (Gear) in the lower left of the WinTV v10 application. Then click on the Devices tab and highlight your WinTV device and click Tuner Setup (see the first picture below).
In the Device Setup Wizard, you will see a list of TV formats which your Hauppauge TV tuner can support. Depending upon which Hauppauge tuner you have, you will have a choice of analog, digital or external inputs (see the second picture below). You can also select all formats and let the WinTV application show you what it finds in each format (if anything).
Click Next and Next and let WinTV scan for channels. The results should look like picture 3 below.
My PC is not waking up for recordings. How can I fix this?
Power Options -> Change Advanced Power Settings -> Sleep -> Allow wake timers:
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings
On my PC it was set to "Important Wake Timers only" and the PC wouldn't wake up for recordings.
Can I get 5.1 channel audio with WinTV v10?
Yes. When receiving digital TV with a surround sound (5.1) audio track, WinTV v10 sends the digital audio track to your PC's sound card for decoding and to drive your speakers.
But your PCs sound card needs to be able to handle the 5.1 channel audio. If your sound card does not have 5.1 channel audio capability, then the sound card will down mix the 5.1 audio into 2 channels.
I have a WinTV-HVR which has analog capability. How can I manually add channel 3 so I can get video from my cable box?
Here's how to manually add channel 3:
- click the 'gear' icon on the lower left of WinTV v10
- go to the 'Devices' tab
- select your device (example:WinTV-HVR-955Q)
- click 'Tuner setup'
- select 'Analog TV (cable/antenna)'
- under 'Channels' use the pull down menu and select 'Manual Entry'. Then click 'Next'
- in 'Number', type 3
- in 'Name' type 3 (or maybe something like 'Cable box'
- click 'Add'
- click 'Next' and 'Next'
Now you will have added analog channel 3 to your channel list. You can find the channel list by RIGHT clicking your mouse over the WinTV window and selecting 'Find channel'. You should see channel 3 listed.
Can I record while my PC is sleeping?
Make sure your PC is in Sleep and not Hybernate. In Windows 'sleep' mode, WinTV recordings will cause your PC to 'wake up', start the recording and when complete, your PC will go back to Sleep.
How can I add a single channel in the WinTV application?
To add a single channel (assuming there is a TV signal on that channel), go to Settings (click the “gear” icon in the lower left hand corner of the WinTV application) -> Devices and choose your TV tuner. Then click Tuner setup and select the format of the channel you want to add (Digital ATSC, Digital QAM or Analog TV). For both the Starting and Ending channel use the channel number you want to add. Example, if you want to add Analog channel 3, then select 3 for both the Starting and Ending channel. Then click Scan. Since you are only scanning one channel, it should find this channel quickly and add it to the channel list.
WinTV v10 troubleshooting
I get video but no audio
It's possible that the default audio decoder is not working in your PC. Here's how you can change audio decoder:
- in WinTV, click the 'gear' icon on the lower left
- go to the 'Advanced Options' tab
- at the bottom, click on 'Enable 3rd Party decoders'
- Under 'AC3 Audio' ()'Surround Sound' audio), try another audio decoder (example: 'Microsoft DTV') Note: in some regions, TV uses MPEG-1 Audio (stereo), HE-AAC (AAC audio) or DD+ (Dolby Digital Plus)
- then close and reopen WinTV and see if you have audio
WinTV v10 Image Gallery
WinTV v10 Videos
Having a problem with Windows Defender Anti-virus when installing? Here's how to temporarily turn off Defender
click to play video
WinTV v10 Keyboard Shortcuts
Keyboard Control in WinTV
- Next Channel: Plus (+)
- Previous Channel: Minus (-)
- Last channel (the channel you were tuned to previously): Alt P
- Increase Audio Volume: 'Page Up'
- Decrease Audio Volume: 'Page Down'
- Mute: 'Ctrl + M'
- Enter Preset Number: '0 - 9'
- Show Channel List: 'Ctrl + L'
- Make Snapshot: 'Space Bar'
- Show Now/Next: 'Ctrl + O'
- Display Stream Details: 'Ctrl + D'
- Subtitles on / off: 'Ctrl + S'
- Change Aspect Ratio: 'Ctrl + A'
- Pause Live TV: 'Ctrl + Q'
- Continue Live TV: 'Ctrl + P'
- Record: 'Alt + R'
- Stop recording: 'Alt + S'
- Skip Ahead: 'Ctrl + F'
- Skip Back: 'Ctrl + R'
- Catch up to live TV: 'Ctrl + C'
- Full Screen / TV-in-a-window: 'Ctrl + W'
- Exit Full Screen: 'Esc'
- Start TV: 'Alt + T'
- Start Recording: 'Alt + R'
- Stop Recording / Playback: 'Alt + S'
- Open File menu for playback: 'Alt + F'
- Open the Task Menu: 'Alt M'
- Open WinTV Settings Dialog: 'Ctrl + I'
- Exit Application: 'Alt + F4'