WinTV v10 Release Nots
- Adds model numbers below 20000 to allow install (e.g. HVR-3000 is model 14xxx or HVR-930C is model 16xxx)
- Added HCWD9BDA driver 1.36.36149 for 32-bit Windows 10 and 32/64-bit earlier versions of windows (only Windows 10 64-bit had this driver added previously)
- Added a second auto retry of scheduled recording if the first one failed because the file was emptye
- Not logging aspect ratio every time, only if it's changed.
- Cleaned up some noisy unneeded logging around OSD
- Warning user if they enter full screen mode when in Four Tuner PIP and recording, that they will not be able to go back to Four Tuner PIP mode without stopping the recording. There was a warning if you did this and were recording in a different window, but the current window was ignored.
- Removed noisy logging when opening the TV Guide
- Fixed an issue on ATSC/QAM boards if only QAM was configured, it could attempt to get EPG listings for just the first Clear QAM frequency due to the way it counted the frequencies if none were in the list
- Turning off EPG Update if no valid channels are present in the database. If valid channels are added (and the user hadn't chosen to turn it off themselves) EPG Update will be turned on.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Serial number on a very, very small number of products to return as "2" which could cause issues with re-installation and will report 'Activation Code not valid'
- Fixed an issue on WinTV-quadHD USB which could cause serial number to return as "2". Customers who have already installed WinTV v10 have had their Activation Code re-activated, so it will now pair also with the other half of the tuner on re-installation.
- Model/Serial detection should be slightly quicker on devices with a "Serial Number" rather than a "MAC"
- Fixed support for Model 72261, has external inputs incorrectly showing.
- Fixed an issue opening EPG if there were bad entries with no EPG Update end time, left over from older legacy versons of WinTV v8.5
- Fixed an error on Model 150xxx (from Build 38045) where if you chose not to install drivers it would show an error running hcwdriverinstall
- Fixed an issue streaming HEVC channels in Germany via WinTV Extend
- Fixed an issue viewing bad signal H.264 streams where it couldn't get the VideoHeader Info because of the bad signal (as seen in Italy)
- Fixed an issue that pressing Escape when in Full Screen mode and in Quad Window mode and having double clicked a single window to maximise it, wouldn't let you revert to Normal size window mode.
- Added support for PCTV 73e, PCTV 282e and 73e SE (Drivers not included - Yet..)
- Added support for PCTV 340e/801e
- Fixed issue where WinTV Extend server would crash 1 minute after completely streaming a full recording to the end.
- Fixed an issue on some ClearQAM channels which wouldn't be found where PMT PID was 0xff which was supposed to be "invalid" but happened to be valid on a particular stream.
WinTV Extend updates
- After streaming Live TV stops, temp files used by Extend are removed
- Firefox and Chrome still use Flash based streaming. You must have working Flash for it to work
- Stop repeatedly trying to cleanup files during streaming in WinTV Extend
- Stop repeatedly trying to cleanup files after successfully doing so after Streaming has finished, which would cause log file to grow very large
- Releasing old WinTVTranscode 30 seconds quicker, removed a break that was causing it to drop out and not be removed until the next loop
- Fixed an issue with missing Settings.xml value used for cleaning up old un-used processes in WinTV Extend
- Fixed an issue in WinTV Extend that would cause streaming to stop on iPhone/iPad/Edge browser (HLS Streaming) after a few minutes
- WinTV Extend logging much more useful and concise
- Fixed an issue in WinTV Extend that would break streaming on last build
- WinTV Extend streaming will start quicker on low bitrate channels, as pre-buffering before encode is now time based on byte based
- Fixed an issue where the quality settings were not used in Edge
- WinTV Extend will play to the very end of the recorded file, previously it could stop 5 seconds or so before the end of the file.
- WinTV Tray app can now cancel EPG Update when launched in the background on a multi tuner product (or while the overnight process is in progress). Previously Cancel didn't do anything
- String SID during Channel Streaming as well as Recording Streaming
- Added option in Settings.xml to make Snapshot silent true
- Fixed an issue with fix for selecing a single tuner in Settings device Tab in Italian
- Fixed an issue with fix for selecting a single tuner in Settings device Tab if Live TV was playing
- Fixed an issue with padding logic if schededuled recordings started at exactly the same time
- Fixed an old issue where if a single tuner was found in the Settings Devices Tab it wasn't auto selected unless it contained the english string "Available"
- Fixed several issues that could cause the WinTV-DCR-2650 not to tune
- Fixed an issue where US Digital only products wouldn't get the Automatic EPG option set by default
- Fixes an issue where if a customer installed with a WinTV v8.5 AAC code, the pairing for WinTV v10 AAC was made, but the installer wouldn't allow installation
- Added support for Android 10 and 11 in WinTV Extend
- Fixes issue on DCR-2650 and DCR-3250 that hdhomerun_config.exe tool location had to be in a few set locations, now pulling folder name from the AppName reg key.
- Added WriteEPG to DVBC plugin
- Fixed an issue streaming recordings via WinTV Extend. Streaming would stop when the trancode of the file had completed rather than play until the end of the recording
- Fixed and isssue deleting the temp pause buffer files created when watching a recording in WinTV Extend.
- Fixed an issue streaming via Extend from HD PVR 2 / Colossus 2
- Fixed an issue where ffmpeg auto convert wouldn't happen if ffmpeg wasn't in the WinTV folder
- Attempting to open TV Guide on current channel (not tested)
- Storing EPG updateID when launching WinTVEPGLoader, so the Tray app can be used to cancel an in progress EPG Update (Tray app needs to be updated to use this still)
- Fixed issue TSSegmenter wasn't closing the file after reading the transcoded TS file
- Updated WinTV Extend logging to be more useful and not so big
- Logging version number to Extend logs
- Fixed HD PVR driver wouldn't install
- Fixed EPG Keyboard/remote shortcut didn't work
- Fixes IR won't launch WinTV v10
- IR launch fixed
- Colossus now supported
- EPG update: added 6 hour, so now you can choose 6 hour or 12 hour updates
- Fixed issue with HVR-9xx (65xxx) models not being detected.
- EPG Update is done in the background when you have 2 or more tuners
- Added logging number of EPG Events in database by channel before EPG Update (ATSC only) and logging number of EPG events in database by channel after EPG Update (Worldwide) to help with Tech Support diagnosis.
- If the built in logging shows no Events were added to the database, you can add very extended logging via
This will create epg.txt
- Added logging the end file size of the slip buffer used during EPG Update (so you could see if say there was no signal) "EPG Updater file at end of update was: 24Mb"
- Now do not delete old listings on EPG Update on ATSC channels.
- Fix an issue if WinTV-quadHD USB has been incorrectly programmed with both halves of the card having the same serial number, only half the board was working.
- Fixed an issue where only one recording would happen on HVR-22xx or NOVA-T-500
- Fixed some missing 32-bit drivers (Driver10,73,85,95,E5,F9 and 89)
- Max 'recording padding' changed to 15 minutes (from 10 minutes)
- TVServer will now keep trying to get the description for events that don't have one even after we've stored the event without it's description
- Check for Software update option hidden on North American products
- Check for Software update renamed check for tuning updates on DVB products
- Fixed an issue Now/Next wasn't being enable in Italy (installer bug)
- Fixed issue where no audio would be hear from LiveTV until a track was selected, if prefered audio language was english and only track available was Spanish
- Hiding Check for Updated software
- Showing "Check for Tuning Updates" on DVB products only.
- Changing the EPG Update time, no longer requires TVServer to be restarted to apply.
- ATSC epg data now wrapped in database with language tag, so Season recording now works
- Fixed season record not showing correct time in the UI in the US.
- Added option to Automatically update EPG or not overnight. Default Enabled for North America, Disabled for DVB.
- Fixed an issue where EPG data should show 10:59 when it was on at 11:00 due to the way broadcasters calculated leap seconds. Now rounding up from say 10:59.58 automatically to 11:00
- EPG collection performance improvements
- Fixed settings screen to allow for longer translations
- Tweaked TV Guide screen to allow for longer translations
- HVR-22xx and WinTV-NOVA-T-500 now counted as dual tuners for PIP mode
- Time picker in TV Guide wider for regions where AM/PM picked is used
- Now/Next being collected in Italy as EPG data
- Updated hcw85bda driver 1_59_37308
- Fixed issue where WinTV Extend wouldn't get installed on quadHD with a WinTV v10 with Extend Activation Code
- Fixed issue in last internal build where Wait time was 8000ms per mux not 2000ms.
- Collecting Now/Next data when region is Italy, ignoring it in all other countries.
- Fixed Update EPG settings buttons overlapping the date.
- Fixed issue with Season recordings not showing the correct time outside of countries with the same time as UTC.
- Fixed issue checking for Update
- Fixed issue would mention WinTV v8.5 when checking for Update
- Fixed issue where some EPG could end up not being stored in the database after being collected
- Changed default time to collect EPG data for ATSC from 30 to 45. We can look to reduce this later if required.
- Moved EPG Update settings into TV Guide Window
- Moved EPG Update post action to Advanced Tab
- Showing Activation Code and pairing info on main General Settings tab
- Moved location Activation Code is stored in registry to survive hcwclear so Activation code is still remembered even after HCWclear.
Comments, questions on this version? Please e-mail us at: email@example.com