WinTV-quadHD USB: Watch or record up to four TV programs at a time!
WinTV-quadHD USB features:
- Four tuners for USB 3.0* Uses the new high performance USB Type C connector
- Watch, pause or record up to four ATSC HD TV programs at the same time
- Includes a Hauppauge remote control, with built-in IR receiver
- Includes the WinTV v10 application, which give you TV-in-a-window or TV full screen, plus two or four tuner picture-in-picture
- ATSC is free HD TV for the U.S. and Canada
ATSC over-the-air digital TV features:
- ATSC is free over-the-air HD TV. ATSC is broadcast in the US and Canada, and does not require a subscription. ATSC is HD and FREE!
- WinTV-quadHD has four ATSC over-the-air digital TV tuners. Supports all ATSC formats, up to the highest HD format
- Watch, pause or record up to four ATSC digital TV programs using high quality MPEG-2. TV recordings will typically consume 5 GB of disk space per hour for ATSC high definition
- Built-in antenna splitter allows you to make one connection to an ATSC antenna but watch and record up to 4 channels
Note: the WinTV-quadHD is for digital TV only and does not support analog TV
If you need analog TV, any one of the WinTV-HVR products (such as the WinTV-HVR-955Q) include analog TV. The HVR stands for 'hybrid video recorder' and all WinTV-HVR's have both analog and digital TV reception.
Note: WinTV-quadHD USB is designed for USB 3.0 or USB 3.1 ports. USB 2.0 is too slow and does not have enough power for four-tuner operation.
WinTV-quadHD USB Specifications
- WinTV v10, the new TV application for Windows, with TV pause and recording. When used with the WinTV-quadHD, WinTV v10 also gives you the option of two or four tuner picture-in-picture, watch one TV channel when recording three others or 'Open additional TV window' function to give up to four live TV windows on your PC screen.
- Supported TV standards:
- ATSC HD TV
- Stereo / dual channel sound
- Antenna input: F connector
- USB Type C (USB Type A to USB Tybe C cable supplied)
- Size: 3.94" x 4.1" x 1.1" (10cm x 10.4cm x 2.7cm)
- Power: 5v @ 1a
TV recording formats
- Transport stream (the original transmitted format, without any quality loss)
- Microsoft® Windows 10, 8, 7® or Windows Vista with latest Service Pack, 1 GB RAM
- Minimum processor: Core2Duo 2.93Ghz or faster
Note: If your PC is not fast enough, you might see jerky live TV video, but your TV recordings will be fine.
- Sound and graphics with support for DirectX® 9 or higher
- USB Type 3.0 port
- Internet connection for software updates and activations
WinTV-quadHD USB Model Numbers
model 01682: WinTV-quadHD USB
with built-in IR receiver, WinTV v10 application (download), 1 meter USB Type A to USB Type C cable and Hauppauge remote control.